domenica 1 giugno 2008

June 1, 2008

Today the program officially started today. Everyone arrived safe and sound.

For those of you wondering about Sue McGovern, she did very well and arrived in great form! She and Paul got here about 2:00 this afternoon. We made a cultural trip to the grocery store where Sue got her first lesson in the Roman aversion to large bills. Joe Dulak arrived much earlier, but I didn't see him until tonight. Sr. Jane, Sue, Paul and Joe had dinner at the same table tonight with folks from other US univerisities.

The day went well until we arrived at dinner. Somehow the front desk told the kitchen that we had cancelled dinner. Panic set in. Joan and I were trying to figure out if we had enough Euros between us to buy dinner at McDonalds. Fortunately, the kitchen was able to scramble and made a wonderful dinner. I'm not sure how they did it, but they did an unbelieveable job!

I took a number of photos during dinner and some earlier in the day.

This is Jenny and Maria from Mexico.


This is Jenny and Maria with Maurilio from Mexico city, Fr. Alejandro, and Angelina from Brazil. The man in the background is the mystery man. He's been here all week. He sits alone, never talks to anyone. Tonight we decided that he is a body guard for someone. Popular opinion is that it's me since I'm the one who always sees him when I'm out and about in the city.


This is the social room.

This is our dining room.
This is Suzanne Wilcox posing in front of our mess.
This is Joan Laderous from Mexico City. She provides me with daily doses of sanity and plenty of laughs.
I love this t-shirt.

Here's the tour I took of the computer lab last night.

That is it for tonight. This is a lively group. I must go to bed because it appears I will need my rest!

Nessun commento: