martedì 3 giugno 2008

June 3rd, 2008

I apologize for not posting yesterday. By the end of the day all I wanted was to go to bed. Unfortunately, I over slept this morning. I didn't even wake up until 9:00 a.m. I was scheduled to lead the prayer service at 8:30 a.m. Fortunately, Suzanne Wilcox stepped up and did my part.
After that sad beginning, today was a little off for me. Perhaps it was because it rained most of the day. Even the pictures I took are pretty fuzzy. But I'll post anyhow so you can see how I saw the day.

This is Brother John Cantwell from Austrailia. His presentation was titled: History and Current Reality: The Lasallian World 1680-2008. It included the most brilliant instructional use of powerpoint I've ever seen and provided an excellent historical analysis of the events surrounding the development of Lasallian education.


This is Br. Pedro Gil from Mexico. He presentation was: The Brothers of the Christian Schools 1680-2008. As the title indicates, he talked about the impact on the Brothers of various historical events and helped us understand how those events could be interpreted today.

This is Paul hard at work.

You will notice Sue to the left of this picture. She's in a group dialogue with Haifa Kuncar from Bethlehem University and Eric Welch from Christian Brothers University in Memphis.

In this photo is Ed Twoniak from Saint Mary's College in California, Robert Tang from DeLasalle College of St. Benilde in the Phillipines and Joe Dulak.



As if it wasn't bad enough that I missed morning prayer. I missed evening prayer as well. Joan and I went to the CIL lounge after we straightened up the meeting room for a cappacino. We had a wonderful discussion, but lost track of time. Before we noticed, it was well after 7:00 p.m and not only had we missed prayer, we were late to dinner.

However, the majority of the participants did the same thing. Of the 48 of us, only 7 showed for dinner. Someone today asked if anyone would like to go out for pizza tonight. I guess the answer was a big Yes.

It was nice to have a rather quiet evening. I did some laundry (again), talked to Stanley and organized some paperwork.

If you are reading the blog, please comment from time to time. I'd like to hear from wisdom from the home front!

1 commento:

Val Fitzgerald ha detto...

Roxanne, I have been enjoying your blog since last week! We were all pleased to know that Sue arrived in good shape. The pictures and videos are such fun. I remember that sweet little cat -- did you decide upon a name for her? Let Paul and Sue know that we are keeping up with all of their activities. Tell Paul I am impressed with his well-pressed shirts :)

Val