venerdì 6 giugno 2008

June 6, 2008

Hello!

I've been so exhausted the last few nights that I've neglected my blogging. Things here are very busy. Between the actual sessions, the meetings to plan the sessions and the meetings to evaluate the sessions, I've been pretty ding dang busy.

We had a free afternoon today. I went to St. Peters with the SMU and Bethlehem University crowd. The people from those two Universities have forged a special bond. They go out together to tour the city every evening.

I had the same experience last year. I spent much time with Faudi and Michel from Bethlehem and came to think of them as close friends. I would have to ask Sue and Paul, but I sense they have the same type of friendship I experienced last year. As I watched everyone interact today I thought about the authenticity of their friendship. They joked, teased, and took care of each other. They shared stories about their lives, their children, gave each other advice and laughed a lot. They have developed a real sense of caring within this small community during the past six days. I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to spend the afternoon with them. It was one of the highlights of my week.

Below is a picture of Alfred, Haifa, Paul, Sue and Alfred at St. Peters Square. Alfred, Haifa and Joseph are all from Bethlehem University. Joe is missing from this picture. He seems to be missing for periods of time and then find the group. I would be panicking and they would say "Joe always finds us." They are quite used to it.





This is Maurillo for Mexico City enjoying the wonderful weather under a magnolia tree. This man is a tech wizzard, a theologian and an excellent singer who has just released a CD in Mexico. And he's an incredibly nice guy.


This is Sue at the view from the highest point in Rome.

Tonight's video. This is what happens when you have people locked up in sessions for hours on end. A couple of nights ago I went to the lounge to get a soda and found this strange tribal dance in progress. I should point out it included people from Philadelphia, Saint Mary's in California, Manhattan College and Mexico City. Crazy people.


Ciao!

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

What a blessing to share your time with such beautiful spirits! Thanks for all the updates and photos!