venerdì 19 novembre 2010

Eat, pray, laugh. Friday, November 19, 2010.

I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged. This week has flown by. We've been so busy doing, doing, doing.

Charlie from New Orleans, Br. John from Australia, Br. Charlie from the East Coast, Montse from Spain and Br. Alfonso in the translation booth.

 Mass in the main Chapel.

 My group posing in front of the relics of St. John Baptist de Lasalle and behind the Heroic Vow. 
Not a replica. The real thing.
Br. John Baptist de Lasalle from Singapore, me, Charles from Papa New Guinea, Br. Ambrose from Maylasia, Heather from Rhode Island, Eden from the Philippines, Br. Joseph from Vietnam, Br. Ed from DENA and Br. John from San Francisco. 
 My table. Br. David, Tina, me Br. Mark and Mary. I think it's pure coincidence that Br. John and Br. Charlie (the program leaders) sit directly behind us. I'm sure it's not to supervise the trouble makers in the back.


 The mail boxes for the CIL participants.

 Br. Jason from Singapore and Tina.
I wish I knew what was being said at this moment. Neither of them look too thrilled about it.

Br. Jason giving a geography lesson at coffee break. He asked me to show him where Minnesota is on the map as he is coming to study next year. At least he was before I showed him where it is. 

 Br. Mawal is the newest staff member at CIL and is handling most of the English translation. Br. Charlie is the head of the Secretariat of the Lasallian Family and dance instructor. He has some seriously sweet moves.

 My group hard at work.

 Br. Ed and Heather. I think this picture completely captures both of their inner and outer beauty.


 The American women have a dinner out.
From left to right: Tina from the Midwest; Pam from DENA; Mary from San Francisco; Heather from DENA; Me from the Midwest; Lois from DENA; and Carol from San Francisco.

 My view from the back table.

 Fr. Felix presenting on inter religious dialog. He was excellent!! His presentation was fascinating and cause for reflection and discussion among the participants.
I was fortunate to be at his table for lunch. He speaks 9 languages. It used to be 10 but he doesn't get to practice his Persian enough. He plays the cello, but only when he thinks nobody can hear him. He has a delightful sense of humor 

 An escape from the House to find some quiet and a cup of cuppacino.

 Another picture of my group. We pose for a picture whenever someone walks by with a camera. We should be embarrassed...but we're not.
 Br. Diego Munoz presented on the history of the vow and association. He is a wonderful teacher and a great academic. We are fortunate to have him leading the effort in Lasallian research.

I took this picture this morning. The sun was shining and the rain was pouring. It was beautiful.

Tomorrow is our day off. I am going to Florence for the day to do some shopping for a very special friend.

Ciao Bellas!!

Nessun commento: