domenica 7 novembre 2010

Lovely restful Sunday

Today was a very restful day. Tina slept in, Br. David walked to St. Peters, Br. Mark was nursing the end of a cold and decided to stay in and I just hung around the house and took up space.

I went to Mass this morning in the Chapel. The Italian Lasallian Family has been here the past several days holding their conference. The Mass was the closing mass. It was interesting to meet so many Italian Lasallians and find out more about their schools.  I remained in the Chapel afterward to take some pictures of the Martyrs Chapel. The position of the sun was causing the gold mosaic tiles to glow.



It was much more beautiful in person than this photo represents.


 Five bucks to anyone who can tell me what this fruit is. And it's not an orange or a peach. When it's ripe it is red in color and looks like a pomegranate on the outside, but it's not a pomegranate.



As many of you know, I really dislike this statue. It's nicknamed "The Grasshopper". Yet I return to it again and again. Perhaps there is some meaning in that. There must be a reason I'm drawn to this statue.

Probably because there is a bench beside it that makes a good place to wait for lunch. I have more photos of this than anything else at the Generalate. I must be early for lunch a lot!!!
Here's two more pictures to add to the collection of "art I really dislike".




I end today with the statue of St. Joseph and young Jesus. St. Joseph is the Patron Saint of the Christian Brothers because, as Br. William explains, he loved and nurtured a child that was not his own. Prior to that conversation, I had never given much thought to Joseph. Now I think about him often and marvel at the other "Josephs" I know. Teachers, parents, neighbors, ministers. Hilary almost got it right. It takes a village of Josephs to raise a child.

With that, I'm off to sleep. The program starts tomorrow and I need a good night's sleep.

Ciao Bellas!

Nessun commento: